At New Hall School, there is an Early Years provision for pupils aged 3 to 5 years. In both the Pre-Reception and Reception classes, we provide highly stimulating, inspirational and planned learning experiences that are delivered by experienced and dedicated staff.
We believe that children learn through play and our activities are planned to facilitate the EYFS seven areas of learning and development – communication and language; physical development; personal, social and emotional development; literacy; mathematics; understanding the world and expressive arts and design. In addition, children are introduced to the timetabled subjects of Religious Education, French, Music, Dance and Physical Education, taught by the same specialist teachers as the rest of the school.
Early Years pupils experience learning opportunities which support their development and stimulate their natural desire to explore and investigate, such as nature trails in the stunning grounds of the New Hall campus or growing and tending to the vegetables in the gardens. The Early Years pupils are able to experience annual educational visits to embed the learning of their Topics, as well as visitors being invited into the classrooms, such as paramedics and storytellers.
In Early Years we are committed to:
- Providing a safe and stimulating environment in which the children feel safe and secure
- Encouraging the emotional, social and physical, creative and intellectual development of the children
- Promoting the welfare of the children
- Encouraging positive attitudes to self and others
- Developing confidence and self-esteem
- Creating opportunities to play
- Encouraging children to explore, appreciate and respect their environment
- Providing opportunities to stimulate interest and imagination
- Extending children’s abilities to communicate ideas and feelings in a variety of ways